Tuesday, August 23, 2011

New To You Music

So I wanted to share with you folks one way you can get ahold of some new music for your iPod or whichever or whatever MP3 player you use. 

You may have seen my earlier post about thrifting bed sheets for fabric yardage.  Well this is the same concept. When you are at Goodwill, go to the CDs and just check out what's there.  Most of them are only $2.99.  I have picked up a few great finds this way, just make sure you check inside the case.  I wanted a Daughtry CD a few weeks ago but when I opened it it had the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack inside.  Bummer.  You might even find something you've never heard of but the song titles sound cool.  Good way to hear new to you music.  Today I found what I believe has to be so far my best Goodwill CD find.  Not all my friends and family know this but I really like listening to music in foreign languages...mostly German.  I have discovered an 80's German Pop Rock band called Munchener Freiheit.  Here is a link to their Wikipedia.  If you have seen the movie Say Anything... then you may remember the song Keeping the Dream Alive.


So that is a way to get new to you music.  I hope next time you go to Goodwill you will check out the CD rack and just see what you can find.  You never know what can be in there.


Ashley Holland 8/23/2011

No comments:

Post a Comment